Monday, July 6, 2015

I’ll take your Trump and Raise You the Facts!

Oh yes… I know everyone is tired of hearing about Donald Trump and his illegal alien talk, but I felt the need to write a rebuttal. Before I go on, I must say that we can all pretty much agree that, at first, Donald Trump running for POTUS seemed to be a bit of a joke. I don’t agree with some of his views, but I can say his words on illegal immigration are based on facts. Go ahead get your hater pants on now. I’m ready for you! My rebuttal is for Miss Adriana Almanza. Yes, I like to name names!

I would like to start off by saying, Miss Almanza, 60 years ago my grandfather fled Mexico for America… which is what we call it.  He came here legally, sacrificing the possibility of a professional baseball career in Mexico.  As you so eloquently put it, he also worked his ass off in the fields, traveling from city to city… and often state to state to support his family. His family here in America. He had 7 children and a wife to support.  He even had his 7 children, including my mother, working in the fields during the summers to help support the family.

My grandfather, much like your father, also did not have a college education.  Eventually, after years of hard work he owned Mexican food restaurants. Talk about the American dream! He worked every day and so did my grandmother, aunts and uncles to keep the business running. They even owned multiple homes! That’s one of the benefits of being in America legally. My grandfather also did not do drugs, was not a rapist or any other kind of criminal. The only thing he was guilty of was living the American Dream and being legal while he did it!

My grandfather also put much emphasis on getting an education. In fact, 5 of his children, including my mother played collegiate sports…and on partial or full scholarships (there are several State Champs and All American athletes in my family)! The work ethic my grandfather instilled in them carried over to not only their success as athletes, but also their success in life and that of their children. He raised 7 honest children who have in turn been successful whether it be a business owner, like my mother, or a CEO of a hospital like my aunt or very successful global sales manager like my uncle. The influence is seen within my entire family.

I must agree with your thought, that a college degree is not the most important thing in life…family is. I also agree that money is not most important either. Where I disagree with you is that being a good honest person and American is also important. The fact of the matter is, your father is not a violent criminal, but he is a federal criminal for coming here illegally. My grandfather did not have money when he came here. He had his work ethic, his desire to succeed and his honesty. Those, my friend, are what the American Dream is made of!

The facts show that not all illegal aliens who flood through the Mexican border are Mexican or criminals. That being said, the facts also show that per capita illegal aliens commit more crimes than any other group in America. That includes Blacks, Asians, Whites, legal Latinos and any other group I may have forgotten. This means that if we set aside the fact that they have committed a federal offense by coming here illegally they still commit more crimes than any other group. If Americans did this in Mexico we would not be treated so well. No matter what country the illegal aliens are originally from they are coming through Mexico…and Mexico is allowing it!

This is not a tit-for-tat situation. This is following the law situation. This isn’t about discrimination. This is about going about things the proper and legal way.  Texas alone spends billions of dollars on illegals. They get free food, hospitalization, medical, education, IRS tax refunds and participate in other welfare programs. This all while not paying taxes, because like it or not most of them are paid in cash under the table! These people who come here illegally, no matter their homeland, are taking from those who need it. They take away from the Black, Latino, White and Asian Americans who have paid into the system their whole life and need the assistance.

America has now started discriminating against it’s own people because a small percentage of people want an open border so their illegal family members can reap the benefits of living here. All so their family members can take advantage of system Americans created for Americans in need. While they collect billions of dollars in benefits and cash that should be going to Americans they snub their noses at American laws, American culture and American history. They do not wish to be champions of American culture. They instead wish to take advantage of the giving and helpful nature of Americans.

I understand you love your father and think he should be allowed to be an American. The truth of the matter is, if he wanted to be an American so bad he would have become legal and raised you to understand that, although, his actions allowed America to give you the life you have it was not the proper way to do it.  Instead, it appears that you, your father and your family see no fault in his actions. In fact, it appears your father used you to seal his residency in this country. The less popular term for this is “anchor baby”.

You are why legal immigrants and citizens of this country want the birthright citizenship law to be done away with. People like you and your father do not understand what it’s like to be an American. You don’t fully appreciate or understand the American Dream. You do not respect this country and it’s laws therefore you can never truly be an American!

I sit here and write this with a college degree and a very rewarding job, in many ways. I must say that even though it isn’t everything, being an American means a lot to me…and to my family. In fact I have a degree in history and took a class on Latinos and their history in this great country. The Latinos of latter years would have looked down upon the tactics of those who are coming here illegally and taking advantage of the system. The Latinos of yesteryear wanted to be treated equal to everyone else not better than everyone else…and there is a difference!

Even though I must say that Mr. Trump could have taken a slightly softer approach, he has every right, as an American, to say it. An important fact that must be considered is that you chose to take Mr. Trumps words and pick and choose what you wanted to focus on regarding immigration and take it personally. Most importantly, you didn’t take into consideration the facts. Your personal story does not speak for all of those who came to this country illegally. Something you would not understand, because you were not raised to see the big picture…only to think about what best benefits you and not the greater good of this country. Thinking of the greater good of this country is what being a true American is about.

In contrast, I live a few hours drive and have been to The Valley (that’s what we Texans call the area just north of the border) and I have seen what this influx of illegal aliens has done. I’ve spoken to victims of crimes committed by illegals. I’ve seen the facts on illegal alien crime.  I have seen how the influx of illegals has impacted Americans and their communities. I have seen the consequences of people like you crying for an open border because a family member is illegal and they want to cut in line.

Even though you and I are both educated Latinas you and I were raised by a different kind of American.  My family takes pride in honesty and doing what is right. My family chose to live in the greatest country in history. Therefore, my family has chosen to abide by the laws of this great land. My family sees that if just any Juan, Ricardo or Maria could come to America it wouldn’t be the America the vast majority of adults want to come to. We must be selective! We must know who these people are! We must make sure the best are coming…and by best I mean the hardest workers…the most honest and the ones who will follow our laws!

So I end with this, instead of coming to America and fighting to change this great land, why don’t illegal aliens spend the same energy to change the country from which they came? The beauty of America is that people have the power to change it. If you paid attention to your history, the beauty of every country is that the people of the country have the ability to change it if they stand up and speak out.

So, now I’m standing up to you and people like you to say, we don’t need to change America. You need to change yourself and become a true American.




visit www.theavocadochronicles.com




No comments:

Post a Comment